Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Getting scrappy

Hi guys. I'm sure you are all aware of the magic of modeling paste and how it can add such a gorgeous dimension to your layout without taking over. Well I love it! My problem is that I don't have a lot of masks to use so I'm making my own on the Silhouette, which is great as it means I can use a variety of different designs I have in my Silhouette library.

For the latest challenge at 123 Get Scrappy, I chose the row of Tree/Rhinestones/Washi. It was a great chance to try out my woodgrain design (hence the tree theme) from the Silhouette. I also do have a stash of the gorgeous new Washi from the MME Chalk Studio collection which I've been procrastinating about too, so this Challenge kicked me into gear for that too.

This is a special photo, my gorgeous James with his Grandad, my Dad, who we love to bits. The quote seemed to fit just so well.

Unfortunately the photos probably don't give the woodgrain design justice, but I hope you like...








Love Bee

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous LO!! Thanks for joining us @123 Get Scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable layout! Love the white space!! So glad you joined in the fun over at 123 Get Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This great Belinda, love the white space, and that texture paste looks cool, thanks for joining us at 123 Get Scrappy....

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the woodgrain look. photos never give pages justice I don't think. but this is such a gorgeous and what a beautiful photothanks for playing along at 123getscrappy

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOOOHH! I'm going to have to try this technique. It adds such cool texture! The photo is so nice so I get how you would think the rest doesn't quite match up but I think it works very well! Great job! Thanks for joining us over at 123GetScrappy! Can't wait to see you back again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! Thanks for playing at 123 Get Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great technique! Your layout is lovely .Thanks for joining us at 123 Get Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and simple! Thanks for joining us @ 1-2-3 Get Scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful clean & simple layout!! Thanks for joining us at 123 Get Scrappy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the composition and the white texture on the background. Really awesome project!
    Thanks for playing with us at 123 Get Scrappy. Hope to see you there again next month!

    ReplyDelete